The Questionnaire .....sorry new secret pal...you were given the greediest of all folks & I feel sorry for you.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
no acrylics or acrylic blends please.....I love most merinos & alpacas....fleece artist, karabella, jitterbug by colinette, gems by Louet just about anything soft, lovely & colorful.....
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a Circular Solution for my Addi Turbos for which I have more than enough....but would love to try the Suzanne Circulars!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
over 40 yrs...learned by videos mostly....intermediate in some areas & advanced in others.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but if you ask I'm happy to tell.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like vanilla mostly...not crazy about fruity scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love chocolate. milk, not dark...chocolate & peanut butter is wonderful. chocolate w/nuts. Nips or Werthers too. & Lifesaver peppermints.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
nothing. just knitting. & collecting lace patterns. that's my whole boring life. very sad actually.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
no, too picky about my music. send yarn instead.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I lean toward the FLAME colors...red/orange/yellow combo....I also like the baby blue/purple/pink combo....but colors is where I really am the least picky. I love solids too so don't dismiss them.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
none to speak of. it's all about me right now. me me me.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
delicate lace scarves...otherwise no, this is arizona after all.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
lace & sox
13. What are you knitting right now?
lace & sox
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
if it's lace or sox....I would love some nice handknitted sox...I rarely get them....in a nice tight thin merino sock yarn...no cotton or acrylic please....just plain, nothing fancy...& short is fine too, like a tennis sock....for a size 8 foot...that would be just lovely.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
circs, addi turbos or rosewood or ebony (yeah right)
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both because I prefer hanks of yarn & wind them right before I use them.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months approx. but I really am still working on it
18. What is your favorite holiday?
would have to be Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect?
hanks of lovely sock yarn....lace patterns...Fiddlestick lace patterns....Just 1 More Row Patterns are nice too!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
glad you asked: hanks of lovely sock yarn....lace patterns...fiddlestick lace patterns....Just 1 More Row Patterns are nice too! fleece artist, karabella, jitterbug by colinette, gems by Louet just about anything soft, lovely & colorful.....check out etsy for goodies too! no subscritions needed...I just get what I like.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
too many to mention...I love to learn. let me recommend lucy neatby, elizabeth zimmermann to name just 2....I have their dvd's already but for you, it would be wonderful!!!!!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter....size 8 sock would be fine...or 40 in the euro size I would guess. if somebody knits me sox you can bet they will fit me. no matter what. I will cut off my toes if necessary. no, really.
23. When is your birthday?
march 7...I am a Pisces...I am wishy washie....as greedy as I am I am still very nice. just ask my friends who I have threatened w/bodily harm.