Friday, September 15, 2006

mason dixon dishcloth


I must tell you that I started this cloth about 3 times & just couldn't quite "get it". I ripped it out & decided that allllllll these people that had made it must know something that I don't....so I gave up.
I love the look of it so I decided to cast on again & just take it slow & put my lil post-it under every row & tra la la....it was as smooth as could be. so what was I doing wrong in the 1st place?? I have no idea. I do know that that same dilemma happens to me more often than not & that I just need to get over myself. my friends who know me well know to just accept my whining; they tell me to shut up & try again, and so that is what I usually end up doing. bless my dear friends hearts.
and not for nothin, but I heard nothing about contaminated spinach until I got home tonite, sprinkled my italian dressing over my spinach, bacon, grilled chicken, olive & hard boiled egg salad & was about to plow into it when joe informed me or should I say, jumped up in front of me flailing his arms all about screaming NO NO NO, you can't eat that!!!!! so I picked out all the chicken, bacon, olives & eggs & proceeded to eat them. that didn't please him much either as apparantly I had contaminated them by just being in the same room w/the aforementioned. that didn't stop me. I was hungry. well, I'm still alive & am just about to wolf down a nice cold raspberry yogurt. If I die before the morning, say good-bye to this blog because I know joe ain't gonna keep it up. ha ha!!! I made a funny!!
ok, here's my dishcloth, made from some unknown cotton....butterfly I assume (the lilac) & sugar & cream (the navy). next time I think I'll use a very fine cotton for the dips in between..might make a nice change!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I knew you could do it! and isn't it lovely!!!! and just so ya know! i'll be WAY pissed if you kick the bucket over a friggin piece of spinage....
SO! whatta ya gona knit next????