yep, I joined...1st time for me & I'm very excited. excited to meet & become friends w/another knitter...excited to hand pick goodies just for her/him (?) & excited to get goodies myself!!!!! this is the questionaire we are to complete & I tried to be as honest as I could but I was heavily sedated so you know how that goes. and I'm leaving next wednesday for NY to meet more knitters at the Rhinebeck Fiber Festival (especially my great buddy Sandie!!!....hiya Sandie!!!!) & also attend my nephew's very posh posh wedding in Tarrytown so I'm nervous & very flustery & not even sure I understood the questions!!!! but here it is anyway:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? My all-time favorite is alpaca…baby alpaca especially. And also quiviot which a dear friend gifted me with after her trip to Alaska. I whole ounce of it! I DO NOT like acrylics. Of any kind. Not even for children. Especially NOT for babies as they are a fire hazard. Some lovely baby yarn in the softest of wool is so much nicer
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a holder w/pockets on the back of my door for my double points & assorted sized crochet hooks & a Circular Solution for my massive addi turbo circular collection. I never use straight needles at all…for anything… Cept for maybe testing the doneness of cakes.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve been knitting off & on since I was a teenager but still consider myself just an intermediate. I get easily distracted & bounce from project to project, rarely finishing anything. Very immature, I would say!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) vanilla is 1 of my favorites. Or anything spicy or oceany.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like chocolate…hard chocolate candies too like Nips!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have, off & on, but can’t say I’m very good at it. I stick to knitting mostly.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) yes, most definitely. Not into hip hop…prefer soft instrumentals or dance music w/lots of drums, almost tribal!!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love flame colors…oranges/reds/yellows…also love the purple/babyblue/pink colorway…adore chocolate brown…greens…geez, I love color!!!!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Recently lost our dog. We just have a beautiful, mature female cat named Tabitha. I live w/my soul-mate, my best friend, my babis; Joe.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All but hats…never got into hats much.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Lace shawls. Not that I’m very good at it, but I love to attempt them. They boggle my mind.
13. What are you knitting right now? 3 shawls, 2 pr of sox & 2 purses.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? absolutely
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I love the circular addi turbos. I have several in every size. I recently acquired a rosewood circ which I adore & would love to own an ebony circ…..I expect to find them at a garage sale 1 day.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Not very old as I recently ripped them all out.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Other than gorgeous yarn?? I have a collection of hideous trolls from Norway that I love…well I have 6 but 3 or more is a collection, in my mind.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Lace lace lace….I would love Fiddlesticks or maybe something unknown that I never heard of…trust me, I am very easy to please!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Would love to improve my cabling w/out a needle & my fair isle…among many many others…..would kill to knit w/out having to look at my hands.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Definitely!!!! I love handknit sox!!!!! I’m a basic 8-1/2 but my feet know enuff to fit into just about anything.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) march 7