Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Multidirectional Scarf




that Karen Baumer...boy, she really is something. look at Hester now, all dolled up in 1 of the most enjoyable patterns of all time. I hope I did her justice by capturing the colors that her multidirections take...and yes, that's Noro Kureyon in a gorgeous purply/red colorway. I went to a garage sale when I 1st moved here & got the bargain of a lifetime....all for 20 bucks. besides the Noro, there was some Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride & a lovely silk/wool too. most of it has been knitted but I wanted something special for my 3 balls of Noro & this is it.

I've been searching for a penquin stitch pattern so I can knit my son's girlfriend (a penguin fanatic) a scarf or facecloth or something. so if anybody knows of 1 please let me know! now let me get back to my baby alpaca throw....I'm making some mad progress on that edging, by golly!!!!

oh, and I read all my comments...just don't know how to reply in there now that I foolishly signed up for that stinkin beta program...it makes me log in all over the place just to do something simple. anyway, thank you all for your kind comments!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great scarf. gotta love the noro, the perfect yarn for that project. i can't believe you've had it for so long and never knit it up! although, i must admit to having some noro silk garden that i bought like what, 3 years ago? and i haven't so much as swatched with it.

i'm really proud of you for posting so often and for this rush of finished stuff! keep it up! i love love love the pictures!

Maggie said...

i never saw this because..........???????????